Sunday, July 3, 2011

What's in a name

One of the major decisions to make is what to call the 'company', as I don't want to publish everything under my own name. The main reason is, it should be easier to make it a stand alone entity if successful, or to remove if it crashes and burns!

When coming up with a name, sometimes random objects/items help, or maybe something with meaning to the product. Of course, you should check that the name is not taken, or is not suitable! After some thought and a couple of now forgotten in between names (mainly based on my name, I thought how about "Gold coin software". The reason is Android/Iphone apps are typically cheap - $1 or $2 dollars, maybe up to $5. In NZ, we use "gold" coins for $1 and $2, the probable selling point of the software if it comes to that! And of course, there is some flexibility, as real gold coins are available at almost any price! Then to check:

Gmail account available (yes)
Website available (yes)
Blogger available (yes)

Any existing companies? Not that I can find - the only ones that seem to exist are actually software for collecting coins, which I guess makes sense, but not really related.

While there appears to be a trademark for "Gold coin" , adding software should make this specific enough not to count - although I am no lawyer!

So, now just to setup the blogger, gmail etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment