Sunday, July 3, 2011

Android development from scratch

I purchased an Android phone a couple of years ago, with the intention of one day writing some software for it. I had previously downloaded the SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) on my laptop, but some settings interfered with my existing Eclipse, and also PDANet which allows tethering for internet on the move. Now I have my second laptop setup, I thought it's time to investigate development again.

I am a professional software developer, and for me the though process of developing software is mainly language independent. While I have learnt Java, it was a long time ago (1.4!) so I will have to relearn, and also pick up some new tricks!

The first things to do:

Decide on a name
Decide on a project
Setup development environment
Setup tools

No comments:

Post a Comment