Sunday, July 3, 2011

Split personality

When I first had the idea for the name, I signed up to a couple of websites with my existing email address. After some consideration, I thought it would be better to create a specific email, goldcoinsoftware@gmail.com, until I had a chance to register domains etc, and to not use my personal account.

Unfortunately, I had already signed up for blogger as Gold Coin Software with my personal address! However, it is quite easy to change, just follow theses steps!

I was/am also trying a couple of online hosting solutions, ProjectLocker and Unfuddle. I haven't decided which one to use yet, and they both offer slightly different environments, more on that in another post.

For Unfuddle, I could add a new account, with the new gmail address, and the existing account already had goldcoinsoftware in the url. For ProjectLocker, it had actually used my personal email address, which I could change, however the url was fixed. So I will probably have to migrate ProjectLocker to a new account if I can be bothered, and Unfuddle does not work well enough.

Next step: Deciding to register a domain name or not! (and change all the email addresses again?)

No comments:

Post a Comment